High Density Distribution Panel
The DST Distribution Panel by Newmar is a high density, 2RU rackmount panels designed to accommodate virtually any 48, 24 or 12 VDC power distribution requirement.
The panel accommodates up to 10 or 20 circuit breakers, depending on model, within a compact housing occupying only 2 RU of rack space. The circuit breakers feature a unique plug-in design which requires only front access for quick, easy installation during initial power system configuration, as well as future system expansion.
Features of the DST Distribution Panel
- Model DST-20A (UL) features dual isolated 10 circuit A and B buses. Each bus is 450 amps, for redundant power configuration or different voltages/ground references. A and B inputs have a parallel option to create a single 900 amp bus.
- Model DST-10 (UL) has a single 450 amp bus which accepts up to 10 breakers.
- The plug-in circuit breakers feature compression power contacts which insert securely into sockets recessed in the panel.
- The breaker alarm contacts feed an output connector at the rear of the panel for optional remote tripped breaker alarm/indication. A “mid-trip” function of the breaker moves the toggle to a 90 degree position when an over-current situation is encountered, providing quick visual identification of a failed circuit. It distinguishes between an over-current trip and intentional shut-off, allowing the technician to turn off individual loads without unnecessarily activating the alarm.
- Input/output wiring is via rear access bus bars that accept single or double hole lugs. There is no internal power wiring or terminals, eliminating multiple points of failure. Input/output buses secured to the load breaker sockets via nickel-plated copper bus bars.
- Mounting brackets are provided to adapt the panel for 19″ or 23″ racks. Snap-in hole covers are provided for unused breaker ports and a clear protective toggle guard is provided to prevent accidental breaker switching and for convenient placement of identification labels.
- The panel is shipped standard without breakers (sold separately and plugged into the unit during installation). Refer to the Circuit breaker Specifications and Ordering Guide section at the end of this manual for available values.
- Warranty period for the panel is two years, parts and labor
- UL Listed:
1801 First Edition: Subject Standard for Power Distribution Center for Telecommunications Equipment
C22.2 No. 225-M90: Canadian Standards for Telecommunication Equipment